We are offering several products on our farm.
- CSA produce box – Season runs for 20 weeks, May 19th – September 29th
- Additional fruit box (for CSA members only.)
- Non-box items will be available to the general public, whether they have a membership or not. Items such as Local honey, locker beef or pork, and Fresh eggs when available. We also have beautiful local Gift Baskets.
- Special items such as bumper crops available for canning/freezing or other items that may become available will be listed in our weekly e-newsletter.
We also are offering two sizes of shares. For the produce box we have ‘large’ (which is our standard size for an average family) and ‘small’ (which may be suitable for a single person or a couple.)
CSA Produce boxes will be filled with seasonal fresh vegetables as they become available. There will typically be 8-12 items in each box.
Here is a list of what is likely to be found in your box as we move through the seasons.
A typical produce box might contain the following: For spring
- peas (snap)
- swiss chard
Summer boxes might contain the following:
- cherry tomatoes
- peas (shell)
- sweet peppers
- summer squash
- slicing cukes
- new potatoes
- slicing tomatoes
- sweet corn
And fall boxes may have the following items:
- winter squash
As you can see there are more varieties as the season grows and so your boxes will be fuller accordingly.
Fruit Box: This is going to be offered in addition to our CSA shares only to csa share-holders for an additional $10 per week. These boxes will contain seasonal fruits and will come from our own farm and from local farmers that we know well and who maintain our ‘clean’ farming practices. Items to expect during the proper season are as follows:
- rhubarb (May-June)
- strawberries (June-July)
- raspberries (July-August)
- huckleberries (wild)(July-August)
- melons (August)
- plums (August – September)
- apples (August – October)
- pears (October-November)
You will be able to place orders weekly via e-mail for these items as they become available, and we will deliver them with your box. These will be individually priced and are considered “add-ons”, not included in the regular CSA boxes.
- All natural, farm-fresh eggs (brown, white, and green)
- 100% pure non-pasteurized Honey raised here on our farm
- Gift Baskets filled with local crafts and foods made right near home!
- Locker Beef or Pork sold by the hanging weight.
Occasionally we will have a bumper crop available for folks who like to can, freeze, pickle, dry or put away in their own cellars. I can help you with tips, hints, recipes and the like in our weekly newsletters.
PRICING And PAYMENTS
Share-holder membership fee: $50 This is a one-time fee (those who have already paid this in previous years will not be required to pay it again.)
Here is our payment plan for full season shares. We can bill you monthly for 6 equal payments, on the first day of April, May, June, July, August and September. Payment plans are just a few dollars a season more to make even payments of $135/month for large shares, and $85/month for small shares.
You can pay through PayPal with your debit or credit card, or we can take your order over the phone with your card. Note that all debit/credit card sales will be charged an additional 3% to cover the credit card fee.
Or you can pay us in person or mail us your payments using cash, check or money order.
Full shares for produce are $40/week. (Special Window-Box option $45/week)
1/2 shares are priced at $25/week. (Special Window-Box option $32/week)
SPECIAL “WINDOW-BOX” SHARES offering 2-month ‘window’ option. You choose your 2-month window, Each ‘window’ has 9 weeks.
June/July July/August August/September
Orders that are paid in full before May 1st can take off $10, as a thank you for early payment.